Are you an overthinker? Is it making you hesitant, doubtful… stuck?
Do you know there is potential in you that is untapped and things in your life that you haven’t achieved yet, but there is something holding you back?
Do you want clarity on what is keeping you stuck?
I was driving back from the gym the other night randomly thinking about all the books I used to love as a kid. It was all of the adventure books – Swallows and Amazons, Borrowers, Alice in Wonderland, all the Enid Blyton books; anything that really was magical and adventurous or about faraway places. It got me thinking about what this says about me and I guess because I have done so much self-discovery in the last year it specifically got me thinking about how I have come full circle, back to realising travel is my biggest dream, freedom is my number one value and adventuring is something I want to get back to doing. We are at our most pure when we are children, before all those things that happen in our life define us, before we are moulded by society and the dreams of others, before school tells us what we should be and our on going roles define us.
Everything in our life creates a memory with an attached emotion an often, if the emotion is a negative one, like fear, we will hesitate and overthink to protect ourselves. Suddenly that dream that was once so simple when we were a child now needs a plan:
- How am I going to do it?
- I need a plan…
- How can I do it?
- I don’t know how to do it…
- I can’t do it.
Bang goes the dream. You push it to one side because you have overthought it.
This is holding you back from living the life of your dreams. It is blocking your power to manifest abundance in your life. And if you’re honest. It’s making you feel like shit.
I know because I was there. I was holding myself back from living the life of my dreams. I was overthinking everything, constantly anxious and not taking action, which was breeding more inaction and fear.
Now I’m making my dreams and goals come true.
- I got clear on the vision of what I wanted in my life
- I started feeling OK with dreaming. At first I felt bad for even thinking about having more than I already had because I had a husband who loves me, two beautiful children and a roof over our heads. Why did I need more? I beat myself up until I changed my focus. Then I started to feel OK and confident to put aside all notions that my dreams were impossible
- I started accepting that people thought I was crazy and that I was different – the business I chose to finance my dreams was not a conventional choice and it attracted criticism. I felt deep guilt as I watched other mums go back to work and I didn’t have to and for a while it felt weird that I could run a successful business in just a couple of hours a day
- I became Positively Selfish. I believed it was OK to make space in my life to work on me and work on dreams.
All if these things were possible after I did some important work first. Did you grab my free Success Hack Checklist?
If you didn’t, let send it you now!
Not one of the above can happen before you take some first important steps.
The next steps that can follow are:
- You can comfortably take some time out to get to know you again. Check out this video from Facebook that talks about what can define us and take us away from our true authentic self, and we can reconnect with it
- Start living like your dreams have already come true. Start making decisions like you have already arrived at your goals. This for me required saying YES. I’d got to this place where I had stopped saying yes and was saying no to everything. I had this big bag of excuses: not enough time, not enough confidence, not enough money.
- Come to terms with your dream being OK – dreaming of having more than what you have already is OK
- Do something every single day to take you closer to your dreams. I give you some ideas of how to do this in that Success Checklist. Make sure you request it in the contact form below: